Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > default email software

default email software

Anon

In XP how do you change the default software used for writing emails,
the one that's opened when clicking on an email address in IE, if the
email program you want to use doesn't show up under "set program access
and defaults"?

Ian Ozenthroat

Anon wrote:
> In XP how do you change the default software used for writing emails,
> the one that's opened when clicking on an email address in IE, if the
> email program you want to use doesn't show up under "set program access
> and defaults"?

Go into the options of whatever email client your using ans set it there.

What email client?

Anon

Ian Ozenthroat wrote:

> Go into the options of whatever email client your using ans set it there.
>
> What email client?

Netscape Mail. I haven't found the option for that.

Tee Jay

Anon wrote:
> In XP how do you change the default software used for writing emails,
> the one that's opened when clicking on an email address in IE, if the
> email program you want to use doesn't show up under "set program access
> and defaults"?

Start/Set Program Access and Defaults

Ian Ozenthroat

http://www.netscape.co.uk/help/faqs/email/defmail.htm