Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > creating layer masks in adobe photoshop elements 4

creating layer masks in adobe photoshop elements 4

Uplink

I have Adobe photoshop elements 4 and am reading a book tutorial that
is for photoshop 7. But elements is 80/20 (80% the features of
photoshop, 20% the price).

I noticed in the book they have a layer called reduce, and then they
want me to press the layer mask button while that layer is selected.
elements 4 does not have a layer mask button at all. As far as I know
you can only use it with adjustment layers or something like that.

Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that
aren't in elements that are in photoshop

i would have posted in adobe.photoshop.elements but I can't get a answer

missmelanie

Do yourself a favour and download the Gimp. (http://www.gimp.org/) It has
100% features of photoshop and 0% of the cost.
Its free and it works beautifully. You can even save in photoshop format (I
haven't tried opening a file in PS yet myself though). I'm still very new
to it, but I've gone so far as to destroy my *ahem* borrowed copy of PS4.
If you need help there's also tons of documentation online for it as well.

Have fun,

~Mel

Uplink

ZOMFG!

what is it with all you people and "saving money" on alternatives??!!!!!!

I asked a question about PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4 which is very good. I don't
like the gimp it's not good. I don't care if it's free! I trust adobe
software.

Who cares If I have to pay $100 for elements 4, i'll pay $500 for photoshop.
It doesn't matter at all so STICK to the TOPIC!

| Back to the point, can I use layer masks?

(it seems that this group is just a bunch of freeloading microsoft haters)

"missmelanie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:elpag.6279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do yourself a favour and download the Gimp. (http://www.gimp.org/) It has
> 100% features of photoshop and 0% of the cost.
> Its free and it works beautifully. You can even save in photoshop format
> (I haven't tried opening a file in PS yet myself though). I'm still very
> new to it, but I've gone so far as to destroy my *ahem* borrowed copy of
> PS4.
> If you need help there's also tons of documentation online for it as well.
>
> Have fun,
>
> ~Mel

Hanson

"Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :

|ZOMFG!
|
|what is it with all you people and "saving money" on alternatives??!!!!!!
|
|I asked a question about PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4 which is very good. I don't
|like the gimp it's not good. I don't care if it's free! I trust adobe
|software.
|
|Who cares If I have to pay $100 for elements 4, i'll pay $500 for photoshop.
|It doesn't matter at all so STICK to the TOPIC!
|
|| Back to the point, can I use layer masks?

Travis, Travis, Travis. You have discovered warez. Ghode_Luv_ya. What
you have not discovered is:

<drum roll>

Asking questions in the appropriate group, such as:

adobe.photoshop.elements

and while i'm on a roll, FRO untill you learn some manners.

HAND

Uplink

(sorry about the CAPS). What do you mean warez? (i know what it means) I'm
not paying for some crappy copies of cracked software. I'd rather use the
trial version and then buy it. That's what i'll do. If you get a warez
account for 99 cents a download they'll sell your credit card number and
email address. So it's better to buy the full software.

What do you mean manners? I didn't swear once in any of my posts.

Also, I can't get an answer out of adobe.photoshop.elements, that's what I
said.

btw, you FRO (whatever that means)

"Hanson" <*@mail.com> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :
>
> |ZOMFG!
> |
> |what is it with all you people and "saving money" on alternatives??!!!!!!
> |
> |I asked a question about PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4 which is very good. I don't
> |like the gimp it's not good. I don't care if it's free! I trust adobe
> |software.
> |
> |Who cares If I have to pay $100 for elements 4, i'll pay $500 for
> photoshop.
> |It doesn't matter at all so STICK to the TOPIC!
> |
> || Back to the point, can I use layer masks?
>

> Travis, Travis, Travis. You have discovered warez. Ghode_Luv_ya. What
> you have not discovered is:
>
> <drum roll>
>
> Asking questions in the appropriate group, such as:
>
> adobe.photoshop.elements
>
> and while i'm on a roll, FRO untill you learn some manners.
>
> HAND

Hanson

"Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :

|(sorry about the CAPS). What do you mean warez? (i know what it means) I'm
|not paying for some crappy copies of cracked software. I'd rather use the
|trial version and then buy it. That's what i'll do. If you get a warez
|account for 99 cents a download they'll sell your credit card number and
|email address. So it's better to buy the full software.
|
|What do you mean manners? I didn't swear once in any of my posts.
|
|Also, I can't get an answer out of adobe.photoshop.elements, that's what I
|said.
|
|btw, you FRO (whatever that means)

Well, now, that's you sorted then.

business layer, data access layer , presentation layer for asp.net using C#.net Dhananjay ASP .Net 1 12-18-2006 11:35 PM
Photoshop masks Nick Computer Support 9 01-11-2006 09:09 PM
OT - FYI Adobe Photoshop Elements II to Elements III Upgrade BobS Digital Photography 0 09-29-2004 02:35 PM

Advertisments