Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to configure SDSL modem as bridge

how to configure SDSL modem as bridge

Lode

Hi everybody,

I've got a cisco 828 with a static IP assigned to it.

At the moment the router does NAT to a firewall device, which adds
another layer of NATing to our local clients.

We've also got a /28 of routable IPs which we want to use. We can use
them fine if we connect the hosts directly to the router, but we want
them to pass the firewall first. Unfortunately, the firewall can't act
as a bridge.

So we need our firewall to take the static WAN ip of our Cisco router,
ie. pass the static IP one hop further into the network. We can't
really figure out how to configure this.

So what we have now is:

ATM Interface Cisco (213.x.x.x) - Eth0 192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.2
Firewall - 192.168.0.x Nat

And what we want is

ATM Interface Cisco - Eth0 Cisco bridged -> 213.x.x.x Firewall -
network + dmz

>From our ISP we got the following configuration for the ATM interfaces:

----------------
interface ATM0
no ip address
atm vc-per-vp 64
no atm ilmi-keepalive
dsl equipment-type CPE
dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B
dsl linerate AUTO
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
ip address 213.x.x.x 255.255.255.252
ip nat outside
pvc 8/35
encapsulation aal5snap
!
!
----------------

I've found the following on bridging:
----------------
No ip routing
!
interface Ethernet0
no ip address
no ip directed-broadcast
bridge-group 1
!
interface ATM0
no ip address
no ip directed-broadcast
pvc 8/35
encapsulation aal5snap!
Bridge-group 1
!
ip classless
!
bridge 1 protocl ieee
!
end

I can't seem to put the two together so that I can configure a client
connected to Ethernet0 to get the address 213.x.x.x which is currently
assigned to ATM0.1.

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Lode