Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > monitor shuts off and on

monitor shuts off and on

Boooger

I have a geforce 6150 (integrated video) and a ViewSonice 17 crt
screen. On start up the monitor shuts off and on (quickly) and then
does it again, once Windows (XP SP2) loads. What's with the off and on?
Anyone heard of this.

JTJersey

On Tue, 09 May 2006 04:21:13 -0700, Boooger wrote:

> I have a geforce 6150 (integrated video) and a ViewSonice 17 crt screen.
> On start up the monitor shuts off and on (quickly) and then does it
> again, once Windows (XP SP2) loads. What's with the off and on? Anyone
> heard of this.

I guess it stays on after Windows completes it's boot sequence? My
ViewSonic A90f 19" CRT does something like what you describe. It doesn't
actually shut off, it just reports that there is no signal to it briefly
at a certain point in the boot sequence. Don't know why, but it doesn't
seem to bother anything.

--
Registered Linux User #267152