Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Performing system backups

Performing system backups

gregjgman@gmail.com

I run some software that came with Partition Magic called Datakeeper
that does backups of all my data in the background to another hard
drive.

But I don't believe it's capturing an image of my system partition so
in the event of a crash, I'd still have to reinstall the OS and the
applications.

I was wondering, if I don't change my hardware between the last backup
and restore, would restoring the reg.dat file also restore all my apps
as if they had been installed on my precrash machine?

Anyone have any great suggestions on a better backup solution?

I was using Ghost but I couldn't get it to do scheduled or real-time
backups. Maybe a newer version wouls have these features.....

Greg