Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dimage driver problem

Dimage driver problem

JS

Hi,
I'm having a nightmare !!
I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but then
an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied the
request to install or upgrade this device'
I've tried everything that i can think of :
Please can someone help
Thanks

Ian Ozenthroat

JS wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having a nightmare !!
> I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
> recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but then
> an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied the
> request to install or upgrade this device'
> I've tried everything that i can think of :
> Please can someone help
> Thanks

try installing with your AntiVirus software turned off

JS

There is no anti-virus on this machine.
"Ian Ozenthroat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:445be702$0$5913$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JS wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm having a nightmare !!
>> I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
>> recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but
>> then an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied
>> the request to install or upgrade this device'
>> I've tried everything that i can think of :
>> Please can someone help
>> Thanks

> try installing with your AntiVirus software turned off

Mark Mandell

"JS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I'm having a nightmare !!
> I have been trying to install the drivers for a minolta dimage xt, xp
> recognises the hardware & the drivers start to extract from the cd but
> then an error message comes up saying: 'the class installer has denied the
> request to install or upgrade this device'
> I've tried everything that i can think of :
> Please can someone help
> Thanks

Go from Start to Run, type in services.msc, click OK and when the list of
services appears, check that the Windows Image Ac is set for "automatic" or
"manual". This, however, is just speculation on my part.