Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > message boxes

message boxes

Jeremy Watts

i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more than
a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt already
know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
anyway?

i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these damn
things but no luck. how do you ditch them??

Duane Arnold

Jeremy Watts wrote:
> i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
> small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more than
> a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
> background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt already
> know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
> anyway?
>
> i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these damn
> things but no luck. how do you ditch them??

You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
the Tool Tips message off of the control.

Duane

Jeremy Watts

"Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
message news:rCL5g.6169$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Jeremy Watts wrote:
> > i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
> > small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more

than
> > a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
> > background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt

already
> > know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
> > anyway?
> >
> > i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these

damn
> > things but no luck. how do you ditch them??
> >

> You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
> control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
> The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
> the Tool Tips message off of the control.
>
> Duane

you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

Plato

Jeremy Watts wrote:

> i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
> small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more than

http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
Tweaks and tools

Duane Arnold

Jeremy Watts wrote:
> "Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
> message news:rCL5g.6169$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>
>>Jeremy Watts wrote:
>>
>>>i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
>>>small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more

> than
>
>>>a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
>>>background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt

> already
>
>>>know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
>>>anyway?
>>>
>>>i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these

> damn
>
>>>things but no luck. how do you ditch them??
>>>

>>You can't those are Tool Tips that can be used by a programmer on a UI
>>control. They are there to help the user with informational messages.
>>The only way that message is not showing up is if the programmer removes
>>the Tool Tips message off of the control.
>>
>>Duane

> you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

Yep, I myself only use them when something may be confusing to the
end-user. The message may help in that way. Other programmers can go
into over kill with Tool Tips.

Duane

Duane Arnold

> you mean ill be tortured by these wretched things forever??

I take what I have said back. It looks like another poster has something
that may knock out some of the Tool Tips by using a program that makes
some kind of registry change.

Let me know if they all get knocked out on the tips on XP.

Duane

Uplink

I guess their could be reg hack for removing tool tips. open regedit and try
some searching for "tool tip", "tooltip",

"Jeremy Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1NK5g.109$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i'm using xp, how do you get rid of those irritating and very pointless
> small boxes that pop up when your mouse pointer is on an item for more
> than
> a second? you know those rectangular message boxes with the light brown
> background that tell you what you're pointing at in case you didnt already
> know, and in doing so get in the way of what you are trying to look at
> anyway?
>
> i've tried every tickbox i can find in my computer to get rid of these
> damn
> things but no luck. how do you ditch them??

Space between input boxes and selection boxes is not the same in Internet Explorer Stefan Mueller HTML 5 06-16-2009 02:06 PM
Message Boxes to Browser for Code Behind Troy Whitlow ASP .Net 7 01-10-2004 01:50 PM
Displaying Message Boxes Paul Johnson ASP .Net 5 01-02-2004 01:49 AM
message boxes Mike P ASP .Net 2 11-25-2003 03:21 PM
message boxes Mike P ASP .Net 2 11-24-2003 02:25 PM

Advertisments