Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > "Burn" ISO to USB drive?

"Burn" ISO to USB drive?

Aaron

I have a couple of ISO files that I'd like to burn to a USB thumb drive
(playing around with Linux LiveCD's, and I have a spare 1 gig thumb drive.
Anyone wanna tell me how to do this?

Aaron

Plato

Aaron wrote:

> I have a couple of ISO files that I'd like to burn to a USB thumb drive
> (playing around with Linux LiveCD's, and I have a spare 1 gig thumb drive.

Your burning program has to be able to do it, if you want it done.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

misterdufus misterdufus is offline
Junior Member

Get your bootable USB here...read all about it.

#1 - Download Pendrive Linux from HERE
downloads.sourceforge.net/pendrivelinux/Pendrivelinux08.zip

#2 - Using Winrar or another extraction program, extract the contents of Pendrive Linux into the root of your newly formatted USB drive

#3 - When it finishes extracting, open the USB directory, and open the file makeboot.dat. This will make your USB drive bootable

#4 - Your USB is ready for booting. Plug it into the computer you want to find the password for.

#5 - Reboot/Start the computer

courtesy of your friendly neighborhood misterdufus