Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Broadband

Broadband

Roy East

In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
long" Is their any other way?

Gel

Try
http://www.mynow.co.uk/

Roy East

Tried but they said sorry no go in my area. Thanks.

"Gel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Try
> http://www.mynow.co.uk/

John Rampling

Never heard of this outfit but if they can really do broadband for the price
stated with no telephone or cable required then this is definitely the
future. People who no longer need a land line in these days of mobile phones
could save a huge amount.

No technical information given on the website though. Anyone know what
hardware is required? Modem/transmitter etc?

John

"Gel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Try
> http://www.mynow.co.uk/

Boscoe Pertwee

"Roy East" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
> long" Is their any other way?

Satellite broadband is received on an ordinary satellite minidish. However,
it’s a one-way connection and the ‘backchannel’, used to request web pages
etc., is a normal telephone line. Nevertheless, for most users, surfing the
web and downloading files, it will appear as fast as terrestrial broadband.
http://www.avcbroadband.com/broadband/sat_prices.shtml

Dr Nick

"Roy East" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
> long" Is their any other way?

check to see if you have any wireless broadband in your area. if it's
available it's pretty affordable.

-Nick

Roy East

See Above.

"Dr Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Roy East" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In my area we still can't get broadband because they say "The Line is too
>> long" Is their any other way?
>>

> check to see if you have any wireless broadband in your area. if it's
> available it's pretty affordable.
>
> -Nick

Uplink

"The line is too long" means that you live in a rural area. I live in a
rural area and have dial-up.

Or you live too far away from ADSL. I don't know the reason. You could get
cheap dial-up or if you plan to live there for a long time get 2-way
satellite. I like DirectWAY but your probaly in the US so go for something
there.