Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Aopen AOI-908 WEP Key Challenge

Aopen AOI-908 WEP Key Challenge

Mark Williams

I am trying to help a friend get their wireless back up and protected. She
has a Aopen AOI-908 wireless router. It indicates in the manual the
length of a WEP128 key needs to be 13. It also indicates that it needs to
be in the format of xx-xx-xx-xx... for Hex.

We selected WEP128 Key 1 Hex and have tried a number of different
combination, but keep getting invalid encryption key error.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

JD

Mark Williams wrote:
> I am trying to help a friend get their wireless back up and protected. She
> has a Aopen AOI-908 wireless router. It indicates in the manual the
> length of a WEP128 key needs to be 13. It also indicates that it needs to
> be in the format of xx-xx-xx-xx... for Hex.
>
> We selected WEP128 Key 1 Hex and have tried a number of different
> combination, but keep getting invalid encryption key error.
>
> Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

you can use numbers from 1-9 and leters from A-F, it is a hex key!
eg. 0A-15-E8-52-13-F7-0B-45-D5-6E-11-C2-00

Probably better using a large WPA key instead of the WEP 128bit key, it
will be more secure.

JD