Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to normalize hundreds of mp3's

How to normalize hundreds of mp3's

Kyote

Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
hundreds of mp3's?

I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

dadiOH

Kyote wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
> hundreds of mp3's?
>
> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

MP3Gain (free)
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

-or-

MPTrim Pro (not free)
http://www.mptrim.com/

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Tee Jay

Kyote wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
> hundreds of mp3's?
>
> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

Nero does this.
2 pane, source & destination.
Highlight destination. right click destination files.
Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
know when suggestion works)
Tee Jay

Kyote

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:05:43 -0400, Tee Jay
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Kyote wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
>> hundreds of mp3's?
>>
>> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
>> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
>> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
>> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

>Nero does this.
>2 pane, source & destination.
>Highlight destination. right click destination files.
>Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
> Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
>know when suggestion works)
> Tee Jay

Hi Tee Jay. I know when I'm making a music CD I can choose to make the
chosen files normalized by right selecting all added files and then
right clicking one and choosing properties then choosing normalize.
But, I can't find any other of Nero's utilities that do this. It's
completely possible I overlooked one of their utilities in my
frustrations. Could you please tell me which component of Nero does
this and maybe a little more of an explanation?

-------
Kyote

Kyote

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:15:10 GMT, "dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Kyote wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume of
>> hundreds of mp3's?
>>
>> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way to
>> do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make me a
>> mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's annoying
>> having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for another.

>MP3Gain (free)
>http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
>
> -or-
>
>MPTrim Pro (not free)
>http://www.mptrim.com/

Thanks for the help dadiOH. I haven't tried either of these as yet but
I'll post back here to let you know how things turned out. Thanks for
the information mate. It is highly appreciated!

-------
Kyote

dadiOH

Kyote wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:05:43 -0400, Tee Jay
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Kyote wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of a good free program for normalizing the volume
>>> of hundreds of mp3's?
>>>
>>> I use Nero 7 for burning most things but I can't seem to find a way
>>> to do this unless I'm making a music cd. What I want to do is make
>>> me a mp3 dvd where all the music's volume's are the same. It's
>>> annoying having to turn the volume up for 1 song and down for
>>> another.

>> Nero does this.
>> 2 pane, source & destination.
>> Highlight destination. right click destination files.
>> Properties/Filters/ check mark in Equalizer.
>> Thanks for the thanks (doesn't always happen, nice to
>> know when suggestion works)
>> Tee Jay

> Hi Tee Jay. I know when I'm making a music CD I can choose to make the
> chosen files normalized by right selecting all added files and then
> right clicking one and choosing properties then choosing normalize.
> But, I can't find any other of Nero's utilities that do this. It's
> completely possible I overlooked one of their utilities in my
> frustrations. Could you please tell me which component of Nero does
> this and maybe a little more of an explanation?

It could be done in the wave editor (or most any other wave editor) but
that requires decoding, "normalizing" and then re-encoding. The ones I
mentioned do it directly to the MP3. Moreover, it is reversible...not
so in wave editors.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...