Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > iomega's 1-Step Backup: Workaround...?

iomega's 1-Step Backup: Workaround...?

waves2ya

Greetings guru's...

I've a 250 parallel port zip drive with some disks of data backed up
with iomega's no longer supported 1-Step Backup program. Trying to
restore to Win XP and iomega's current backup software does not
recognize the legacy file format...

Is there a program/way to restore files from this old backup?

Many thanks for any advice...

Sjouke Burry

waves2ya wrote:
> Greetings guru's...
>
> I've a 250 parallel port zip drive with some disks of data backed up
> with iomega's no longer supported 1-Step Backup program. Trying to
> restore to Win XP and iomega's current backup software does not
> recognize the legacy file format...
>
> Is there a program/way to restore files from this old backup?
>
> Many thanks for any advice...

Boot from a DOS6.22 (or win98se) floppy and try from there??
It would be nice to have a FAT16 500MB/1GB partition around.
That will be recognized and can be used to store data
and iomega software.
With the above scenario you will not have port access
problems.