Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer Tip: On Screen Keyboard

Computer Tip: On Screen Keyboard

Glasshousejohn

Computer Tip: On Screen Keyboard
this is cool if you ever mess up your keyboard!*

I'm not sure how many of you would like to use this, but I thought it would
be a neat little idea to share with you all. Did you know that you can put a
keyboard on your computer screen and actually type with it?

If that sounds interesting to you, then follow these directions.
Go to Start,
Run and type in osk
Click OK
and a mini keyboard will pop up on your screen. Now, open up the program you
want to write in and start clicking the letters on the keyboard with your
mouse. The letters will appear and your typing will be done.

This may not be the quickest way to type, but if you like to use your mouse
and you don't exactly like typing on the keyboard, this is perfect for you.

Once you have the keyboard on your screen, you can even go to the Settings
menu and choose your own font and size. There is also a sound option, so if
you like to hear the keys clicking, choose "Use clicking sound." In the
Keyboard menu, you can also choose the number of keys you would like to
have displayed, between 101, 102 and 106.

Isn't that cool? I just used it to type this last sentence. Keep in mind
that it might take you a little while to get acquainted with the keys on the
on screen keyboard, but it's definitely worth a shot and it's kinda fun.
There's also a Help menu if you need any further help figuring it all out.

Regards
John H

--
Regards