Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > -help id a HP PC Please

-help id a HP PC Please

ted_radioham

I am trying to sort out a pc for a old blind friend, he thinks the pc is a
hp pavilion 1760uk but I cant locate this model on the net. All i can say is
that it is a pent 4 515 processor has ati radion x300se video card, 160gig
hd, wireless kb and mouse tv card and remote control. I think it is about a
3 gig machine. The pc will not boot up or go into rescue mode when selecting
the required f key. Also it states will boot up in windows after the
countdown clock but it does not re boot after getting down to zero. He has
no backup so I need to try to find the exact model to try to get the system
either re set as new or try loading XP and try to locate drivers. Anyone got
this pc or know if we are out with the mode.

Sorry a long post. Clutching at straws.

Brian

Do you have access to the machine? If so you should have a sticker on the
back with a serial number. If you enter that into the hp website it will
bring up the specs for the machine. That should get you the information that
you need for the drivers. If you dont have access to the machine you could
try calling HP and have them look up the machine by your friends's name to
find the information