Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Staying Connected to Web with Dial-Up Connection

Staying Connected to Web with Dial-Up Connection

Brad

Hi,

I have a dial up connection to the Web. I use Netscape 7.0 browser.
My ISP is Verizon.

While downloading a very large file, after a while a pop up window warns
that I will be disconnected in 60 seconds with a "Stay Connected" button which
I have to click. Note: In netscape preferences, "Enable keep alive" are
checked for both "Direct" and "Proxy". I don't know if this relates to
staying connected.

How can I download a large file without watching for that "disconnect in
60 seconds" warning?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Uplink

check the box "Don't use auto-disconnect" in the disconnect window