Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > building computer, need motherboard help

building computer, need motherboard help

Dr Nick

Hi, I'm building a computer using the left over athlon Xp 1700 chip I have
and I'm looking for a motherboard. thing I NEED on the board are USB 2.0 and
onboard audio, I would PERFER it to NOT have onboard video or onboard LAN.
any suggestions? thanks in advance

-Nick

Michael-NC

yeah, go here and spec out the features you want on the board, then do your
research
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...SubCategory=22

Disclaimer:

I'm not exclusively plugging Newegg. Just use it's excellent search feature
to find your product.

Then compare price at www.pricewatch.com

Then compare the vendor at www.resellerratings.com AND www.bizrate.com

Then research the part by searching Google for reviews.

I also must add
*Newegg is a top rated store and is worth buying from, even if they are a
little extra.*

"Dr Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm building a computer using the left over athlon Xp 1700 chip I have
> and I'm looking for a motherboard. thing I NEED on the board are USB 2.0
> and onboard audio, I would PERFER it to NOT have onboard video or onboard
> LAN. any suggestions? thanks in advance
>
> -Nick

mel

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rNVPf.59933$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> yeah, go here and spec out the features you want on the board, then do

your
> research
> http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...SubCategory=22
>
> Disclaimer:
>
> I'm not exclusively plugging Newegg. Just use it's excellent search

feature
> to find your product.
>
> Then compare price at www.pricewatch.com
>
> Then compare the vendor at www.resellerratings.com AND www.bizrate.com
>
> Then research the part by searching Google for reviews.
>

> I also must add
> *Newegg is a top rated store and is worth buying from, even if they are a
> little extra.*
>

> "Dr Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm building a computer using the left over athlon Xp 1700 chip I

have
> > and I'm looking for a motherboard. thing I NEED on the board are USB 2.0
> > and onboard audio, I would PERFER it to NOT have onboard video or

onboard
> > LAN. any suggestions? thanks in advance
> >
> > -Nick

Hi
It sounds like you do not need anything special, I get my stuff from (E
buyer) UK my board cost me about 20 I don't have a problem, in fact I got
3.

mel