Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Not opening the Links in Outook Express

Not opening the Links in Outook Express

Fred J

When I get an E-mail in Outlook Express and there is a address of a site
in blue if I double click on it will not open the browser, I have to open
the
browser and type in the address and then will open the site. Why is this?
before I used to double click and the site opened. How can I fix this
problem?
Thanks Fred
Operating system WinXP Home

Boscoe Pertwee

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WiWOf.10852$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> When I get an E-mail in Outlook Express and there is a address of a site
> in blue if I double click on it will not open the browser, I have to open
> the
> browser and type in the address and then will open the site. Why is this?
> before I used to double click and the site opened. How can I fix this
> problem?
> Thanks Fred
> Operating system WinXP Home

Take a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679&amp;sd=RMVP

Robert Baer

Fred J wrote:
> When I get an E-mail in Outlook Express and there is a address of a site
> in blue if I double click on it will not open the browser, I have to open
> the
> browser and type in the address and then will open the site. Why is this?
> before I used to double click and the site opened. How can I fix this
> problem?
> Thanks Fred
> Operating system WinXP Home

Damn good thing it is acting that way!
You should *NEVER* click on a link that is in an e-mail; what is
behind what you see may be something !VREY! different and take you to a
site that might look like what you thought, but is a fake with a lot of
nasty programs readyto glom onto your system and steal your personal
information.
In fact, keep this rule even if you trust the site and the sender;
e-mails can be faked (and are faked).
This is one way to be a little safer...