Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Error Beep Code question

Error Beep Code question

Shawn

Hi all.

I have a Compaq Pressario 1800 series laptop.
It occasionally refuses to boot.
It just occurred to me that it beeps when it doesn't boot and doesn't
beep when it does.
Then I thought, duh, it's part of the POST.
So I did some research and have some questions.

The BIOS Manufacturer is Phoenix Version 4.06.
I get one log beep and two short ones then the pc stops.
One of the references I found suggested that this was a video card or
motherboard error.

I went to the Phoenix website and they say the error code is as
follows:
"Search for option ROMs. One long, two short beeps on checksum failure"

Anybody know what this means or have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Shawn

Mac LC475 (Quadra 650) plays "beep beep beep beep" Uplink Computer Information 0 04-12-2006 10:37 PM
dell beep code Phil Computer Support 5 03-01-2004 09:19 PM
ASUS A7PRO AWARD BIOS BEEP CODE & BURNT P/S Dan Kimzey Computer Support 2 10-03-2003 07:18 PM
Beep Code Information Wanted Add Subtract Computer Support 4 07-22-2003 02:37 AM
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Arg! :( Kevin Low Computer Information 0 07-06-2003 08:29 AM

Advertisments