Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IOS authentication with MS IAS (AAA/radius)

IOS authentication with MS IAS (AAA/radius)

John Smith

here is my config so far:
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default group radius local
aaa authentication enable default group radius
radius-server host 192.168.2.12 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 ******

IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3620-I-M), Version 12.2(29), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc3)

i am able to telnet to the router ok, and authenticate via radius using my
windows domain information, but when i attempt to 'enable', i get an
error. on the IAS server, in the logs, it says $enab15$ was denied access...
I understand this, but what i dont understand is why isn't it using my
windows username when i attempt to 'enable'. or is there a way to force it
to?

any hints/help?

User Access Verification

Username: username
Password: *******

Router>en
Password:
% Error in authentication.

Router>

TIA

www.BradReese.Com

Hi John,

The username is fixed which is $enable15$ for enable authentication.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

sumdingwong sumdingwong is offline
Junior Member

Here is the best tutorial I have found for Cisco Radius authentication using Microsoft IAS. The video tutorials make this process very simple.

http://www.blindhog.net/cisco-aaa-lo...radius-ms-ias/