Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Screen Saver

Screen Saver

twfsa

Is there an easy way to turn screen saver on and off.

I put data on CD disk and I want to turn off the screen saver so not to
interfer with the transfer, now I go to control panel>display> then adjust
the time up from 5 mins to 120 mins then when I am finished I re adjust back
to 5 mins.

It would be nice to just turn off the screen saver when I want to.

Windows XP home

Thanks
Tom

John Rampling

A trick I read on a newsgroup yonks ago is to click the Start button so that
the Start Menu appears on the screen. While it is visible your screen saver
will not work.

John

"twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to turn screen saver on and off.
>
> I put data on CD disk and I want to turn off the screen saver so not to
> interfer with the transfer, now I go to control panel>display> then adjust
> the time up from 5 mins to 120 mins then when I am finished I re adjust
> back to 5 mins.
>
> It would be nice to just turn off the screen saver when I want to.
>
> Windows XP home
>
> Thanks
> Tom

John Rampling

"John Rampling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:elIOf.27713$(E-Mail Removed)...
>A trick I read on a newsgroup yonks ago is to click the Start button so
>that the Start Menu appears on the screen. While it is visible your screen
>saver will not work.
>
> John

I just tried this and it doesn't work on my computer . Now I recall, it
worked under Windows 98 but I never tried it under XP until now. So try it
and if it's no good - sorry for giving you duff gen!

John

Oldus Fartus

twfsa wrote:
> Is there an easy way to turn screen saver on and off.
>
> I put data on CD disk and I want to turn off the screen saver so not to
> interfer with the transfer, now I go to control panel>display> then adjust
> the time up from 5 mins to 120 mins then when I am finished I re adjust back
> to 5 mins.
>
> It would be nice to just turn off the screen saver when I want to.
>
> Windows XP home
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Easy Tom - Just set your screen saver to NONE.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

twfsa

Windows XP home, I go to control panel> display> there is no.......... none
option.

Tom

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440c4e97$0$14511$(E-Mail Removed)...
> twfsa wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to turn screen saver on and off.
>>
>> I put data on CD disk and I want to turn off the screen saver so not to
>> interfer with the transfer, now I go to control panel>display> then
>> adjust the time up from 5 mins to 120 mins then when I am finished I re
>> adjust back to 5 mins.
>>
>> It would be nice to just turn off the screen saver when I want to.
>>
>> Windows XP home
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tom

> Easy Tom - Just set your screen saver to NONE.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Oldus Fartus

twfsa wrote:
> Windows XP home, I go to control panel> display> there is no.......... none
> option.

Rather odd. So you go to Control Panel, click on Display Properties,
then the Screen Saver tab, but then you do not have a drop down menu
marked Screen saver like I am showing at
http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display.jpg

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

twfsa

I have the menu as you are showing but there is no option to set the screen
saver to none. There is a power button but when I click on it there is no
on/off, or none button. That just turn off the monitior.

Tom

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440ce8d7$0$14505$(E-Mail Removed)...
> twfsa wrote:
>> Windows XP home, I go to control panel> display> there is no..........
>> none option.
>>

> Rather odd. So you go to Control Panel, click on Display Properties,
> then the Screen Saver tab, but then you do not have a drop down menu
> marked Screen saver like I am showing at
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display.jpg
>

> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Oldus Fartus

twfsa wrote:
> I have the menu as you are showing but there is no option to set the screen
> saver to none. There is a power button but when I click on it there is no
> on/off, or none button. That just turn off the monitior.

Press the down arrow, and you should get a list of all the screen savers
installed on your computer, plus an entry for "none".
http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display2.jpg

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

twfsa

Thanks

I got that.

Tom

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440d90ed$0$14554$(E-Mail Removed)...
> twfsa wrote:
>> I have the menu as you are showing but there is no option to set the
>> screen saver to none. There is a power button but when I click on it
>> there is no on/off, or none button. That just turn off the monitior.
>>

> Press the down arrow, and you should get a list of all the screen savers
> installed on your computer, plus an entry for "none".
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display2.jpg
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:17:35 -0600,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed the following:

|Thanks
|
|I got that.
|
|Tom

If you do not want to disable your screensaver, you can just run this
tiny program (12kb), it will emulate keyboard activity. It only uses a
couple om mb of RAM and your saver will not run.
http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/nosleep.zip
--

-nos1eep