Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > norton antivirus question

norton antivirus question

Angie

I just bought a new 2006 version of antivirus on ebay. When I get it and
install it, will it recognize I have my 2005 version, or do I need to
uninstall the 2005 before I install the 2006? Its the full version 2006,
not the one where you have to have a previous version.

Bill

It will uninstall your old version of 2005. I dont like 2006 really
adds another icon to the tray to that I dont like that and has som
really anoying features

--
Bil

*Kind Regards
*Bill
This Message Was Posted Free At: UK Webmaster Forums: http://www.ukwebmasterforums.com/ - Prodly Hosted By Session 9 Ltd http://www.session9.co.uk

Angie

"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> It will uninstall your old version of 2005. I dont like 2006 really,
> adds another icon to the tray to that I dont like that and has some
> really anoying features.

But can't you remove the icon from the tray? I have always been able to
remove any icons I want.

Phil

I agree, I have just fitted a new hard drive that i am currently on &
installed 2005 version as i dont like the added features of 2006 either.

Phil.
"Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lMHOf.1823$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> It will uninstall your old version of 2005. I dont like 2006 really,
>> adds another icon to the tray to that I dont like that and has some
>> really anoying features.

> But can't you remove the icon from the tray? I have always been able to
> remove any icons I want.

Angie

But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what features
do you not like?

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>i dont like the added features of 2006 either.

Angie

hello?

"Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjLOf.16569$(E-Mail Removed)...
> But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what
> features do you not like?

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 07 Mar 2006 00:21:09 GMT,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed the following:

|hello?

|"Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|newsjLOf.16569$(E-Mail Removed)...
|> But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what
|> features do you not like?

Hello.
--

-nos1eep

Angie

> |"Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> |> But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what
> |> features do you not like?

I'm just looking for an answer to my above question please (re: antivirus
2006)

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:13:26 GMT,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed the following:

|> |"Angie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
|
|I'm just looking for an answer to my above question please (re: antivirus
|2006)

You can install over the top, disable what you hate but bottom line is
your computer will run like **** with 2006. If you do not demand
performance, I suppose Norton will be adequate.
--

-nos1eep

Angie

"nos1eep" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> You can install over the top, disable what you hate but bottom line is
> your computer will run like **** with 2006. If you do not demand
> performance, I suppose Norton will be adequate.

So you would suggest sticking with 2005 and just doing the added download
for updates? Or another antivirus program altogether?