Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Full HD not showing

Full HD not showing

Deni

Using a new PC.

Specs are Athlon 64 3700 + 2GB RAM +200GB HDD.

Came without operating system so loaded XP Pro on myself. At start of
install it asked if I wanted to partition. Wanted OS and system on separate
virtual drives so clicked yes but now the C drive is the only one that shows
and it's showing 64GB instead of 200.

What have I done -are more importantly, can I fix it???

Oldus Fartus

Deni wrote:
> Using a new PC.
>
> Specs are Athlon 64 3700 + 2GB RAM +200GB HDD.
>
> Came without operating system so loaded XP Pro on myself. At start of
> install it asked if I wanted to partition. Wanted OS and system on separate
> virtual drives so clicked yes but now the C drive is the only one that shows
> and it's showing 64GB instead of 200.

Yep, that is correct.

> What have I done -are more importantly, can I fix it???

Control Panel - Administration Tools - Computer Management - Disk
Management.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

begin particularly nasty virus.txt.exe

Deni

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43febf4a$0$12202$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Deni wrote:
>> Using a new PC.
>>
>> Specs are Athlon 64 3700 + 2GB RAM +200GB HDD.
>>
>> Came without operating system so loaded XP Pro on myself. At start of
>> install it asked if I wanted to partition. Wanted OS and system on
>> separate virtual drives so clicked yes but now the C drive is the only
>> one that shows and it's showing 64GB instead of 200.
>>

> Yep, that is correct.
>
>> What have I done -are more importantly, can I fix it???
>>

> Control Panel - Administration Tools - Computer Management - Disk
> Management.
>

> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Thank you - at least I can see the rest of the drive.
Now what do I do to actually use it?

Oldus Fartus

Have a read of http://www.theeldergeek.com/hard_drives_06.htm

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Deni

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43fec4c3$0$12181$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Deni wrote:
>> "Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:43febf4a$0$12202$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yep, that is correct.

>>> Control Panel - Administration Tools - Computer Management - Disk
>>> Management.
>>>

>> Thank you - at least I can see the rest of the drive.
>> Now what do I do to actually use it?

> Have a read of http://www.theeldergeek.com/hard_drives_06.htm
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Thank you very much, I can now use the rest of the drive.

Oldus Fartus

Deni wrote:
> "Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43fec4c3$0$12181$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Deni wrote:
>>> "Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:43febf4a$0$12202$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Thank you - at least I can see the rest of the drive.
>>> Now what do I do to actually use it?

>> Have a read of http://www.theeldergeek.com/hard_drives_06.htm
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Oldus Fartus

> Thank you very much, I can now use the rest of the drive.

Pleased to hear it. Good luck.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus