Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP Prof. Versus Windows Media Center 2005 on a VAIO FE11S

Reply
Thread Tools

XP Prof. Versus Windows Media Center 2005 on a VAIO FE11S

 
 
nev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2006
Hi,

Besides the inability to join domains and have cached credentials are
there any other differences between WMC 2005 and XP Prof. ?

On a Sony Vaio FE11S, Can I have them both installed on a Dual
partition? and will it work if Windows Media Center is installed
first? I was told by Sony that XP prof. cant be installed on the Vaio
FE11S. I cant seem to find any logical reason for suggesting that!
....Has anyone experienced such an anomaly?

Also, has anyone had any experience with installing SQL Serrver
2000/2005 on windows media center. Im talking about SQL Server
Developer Edition, not any other. Will there be any issues installing
sql2k or 2005 on wmc 2005.


Following are a list of development tools that I want installed on the
wmc 2005:

Visual Studio 2003 Enterprise Edition
Visual Studio 2005 Enterprise Edition
SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
IBM MQ Sever 5.3
..Net Framework V2
Biztalk 2004 and later

Has anyone got any knowledge of any issues in installing them on WMC


Thanks for your replies in advance.


D.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Duane Arnold
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2006
nev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Besides the inability to join domains and have cached credentials are
> there any other differences between WMC 2005 and XP Prof. ?


Pro has IIS and can have 10 concurrent user connections.

>
> On a Sony Vaio FE11S, Can I have them both installed on a Dual
> partition? and will it work if Windows Media Center is installed
> first? I was told by Sony that XP prof. cant be installed on the Vaio
> FE11S. I cant seem to find any logical reason for suggesting that!
> ...Has anyone experienced such an anomaly?


Don't know
>
> Also, has anyone had any experience with installing SQL Serrver
> 2000/2005 on windows media center. Im talking about SQL Server
> Developer Edition, not any other. Will there be any issues installing
> sql2k or 2005 on wmc 2005.


You should be using the Pro version.
>
>
> Following are a list of development tools that I want installed on the
> wmc 2005:
>
> Visual Studio 2003 Enterprise Edition
> Visual Studio 2005 Enterprise Edition
> SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
> SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
> IBM MQ Sever 5.3
> .Net Framework V2
> Biztalk 2004 and later
>
> Has anyone got any knowledge of any issues in installing them on WMC


If you're some kind of developer, then you should know better than this.

You should be using the Pro version of the O/S or possibly Win 2K
server. Does WMC have IIS? If not, then how are you going to develop
ASP.NET applications without IIS using VS 2003 or 2005?

This WMC must have IIS on it as I don't see how you could have installed
VS 2003 or 2005. However, in the real world, the developer would be
using a Pro or Server version of the NT based O/S.

Duane
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Mozilla versus IE versus Opera versus Safari Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo Firefox 0 05-08-2008 12:56 PM
Media player / Media Center? Channelkat Windows 64bit 1 03-25-2008 04:50 PM
equal? versus eql? versus == versus === verus <=> Paul Butcher Ruby 12 11-28-2007 06:06 AM
Re: Dell edition of Windows Media Center Edition 2005.. Gene Abner Computer Information 0 03-14-2005 10:04 AM
Where is best price in US for XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/Remote? Arawak Computer Support 3 02-03-2005 04:29 PM



Advertisments