Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell freezes

Dell freezes

Chris

At least once a day when using Dell Dimension 2400 and newest version of
IExplorer browser, it will freeze up. Power has to be turned off
completedly. I've run everything I can think of to find a problem. No
virus, no adware/spyware, windows and dell updates are up-to-date, plenty of
memory... what could be the issue that would cause freezing?

Additionally, I ran the crash analysis tool that came with the dell, and it
has always listed "Driver tfsnifs.sys". I'm not sure what to do with this
info... is it something my computer is missing? Is it the problem causing
the freeze up? After tfsnifs.sys listed under driver, it just says this:
"Matches listed above may require a driver or application update. Go to
support.dell.com or Windows Update to download available updates." I have
updated everything that dell or windows will give me to update, and a search
of each site for tfsnifs.sys comes up with nothing at all. Can someone
please help me?

Chris

bmoag

Check for drivers on the Dell web site.
More likely than not one of your drivers, probably the video driver, is
causing the problem.
Memory and hard drive problems can also produce this problem.
news:tCRFf.23895$(E-Mail Removed)...
> At least once a day when using Dell Dimension 2400 and newest version of
> IExplorer browser, it will freeze up. Power has to be turned off
> completedly. I've run everything I can think of to find a problem. No
> virus, no adware/spyware, windows and dell updates are up-to-date, plenty
> of memory... what could be the issue that would cause freezing?
>
> Additionally, I ran the crash analysis tool that came with the dell, and
> it has always listed "Driver tfsnifs.sys". I'm not sure what to do with
> this info... is it something my computer is missing? Is it the problem
> causing the freeze up? After tfsnifs.sys listed under driver, it just
> says this: "Matches listed above may require a driver or application
> update. Go to support.dell.com or Windows Update to download available
> updates." I have updated everything that dell or windows will give me
> to update, and a search of each site for tfsnifs.sys comes up with nothing
> at all. Can someone please help me?
>
> Chris

Oldus Fartus

Chris wrote:
> At least once a day when using Dell Dimension 2400 and newest version of
> IExplorer browser, it will freeze up. Power has to be turned off
> completedly. I've run everything I can think of to find a problem. No
> virus, no adware/spyware, windows and dell updates are up-to-date, plenty of
> memory... what could be the issue that would cause freezing?
>
> Additionally, I ran the crash analysis tool that came with the dell, and it
> has always listed "Driver tfsnifs.sys". I'm not sure what to do with this
> info... is it something my computer is missing? Is it the problem causing
> the freeze up? After tfsnifs.sys listed under driver, it just says this:
> "Matches listed above may require a driver or application update. Go to
> support.dell.com or Windows Update to download available updates." I have
> updated everything that dell or windows will give me to update, and a search
> of each site for tfsnifs.sys comes up with nothing at all. Can someone
> please help me?
>
> Chris

tfsnifs.sys is a component of Sonic DLA.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Plato

Chris wrote:

> At least once a day when using Dell Dimension 2400 and newest version of
> IExplorer browser, it will freeze up. Power has to be turned off

Which versiion? The BETA?

--
http://www.kissmyip.com/

Chris

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:43e8ecd0$0$33398$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris wrote:
>>
>> At least once a day when using Dell Dimension 2400 and newest version of
>> IExplorer browser, it will freeze up. Power has to be turned off

> Which versiion? The BETA?

6.029