Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Trunk between switches - help

Trunk between switches - help

yellow

Hi,

I have two switches crossed two floor as below

5/F 2924XL

4/F 4506

I'm going to create a trunk between two switches, port 1 on both
switches. When I telnet to the 2924 and put below command in, the
switch lost conenctivity immediately. I haven't configured the trunk
port on 4505 yet, is this the problem cause ? If I configure the trunk
port in 4506 then, will the trunk come up immediately. To configure a
trunk port in 4506, should I use the same command ?

int f0/1
switch trunk encapsulation dot1q
switch mode trunk
speed 100
duplex full

As above scenario, configure a trunk port between swithes, I guess the
trunk will be down to update the switching table, what's the expected
downtime for this ?

Thanks,

www.BradReese.Com

Many 2924 issues have been noted with Dynamic Trunking Protocol, DTP.

On the 4506 you may want to use the command "switchport nonegotiate" to
disable DTP.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17