Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP start question...

XP start question...

JAMES

I found out how to bypass the screen that asks for the password, but
now it automatically starts administrator.

How can I set windows so it opens a different user account when I turn
on the computer?

thanks.

Duane Arnold

JAMES wrote:
> I found out how to bypass the screen that asks for the password, but
> now it automatically starts administrator.
>
> How can I set windows so it opens a different user account when I turn
> on the computer?
>
> thanks.

Your friend is Google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...XP&btnG=Search

Duane

Eli Coten

JAMES wrote:
> I found out how to bypass the screen that asks for the password, but
> now it automatically starts administrator.
>
> How can I set windows so it opens a different user account when I turn
> on the computer?
>
> thanks.

Try start, run
control userpasswords2

then tick the box "Require a username and password to use this computer"
Click apply
Untick the same box
Click ok and it should ask you which account to logon as on startup?

HTH,
Eli

JAMES

thanks. I appreciate the help