Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > tracking usage

tracking usage

WTG

is there a way to track computer usage, what when and where.
I belive my computer is being used or accesed after I leave.
localy or via the network I don't know, but more then once it's been
on in the morning after it was turned off the night before.

I'd like to know if it is being accesed, and if so what's being done.

I am running windows xp.

can anyone help.

Thanks

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:13:58
-0500, in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of WTG
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following:

|is there a way to track computer usage, what when and where.
|I belive my computer is being used or accesed after I leave.
|localy or via the network I don't know, but more then once it's been
|on in the morning after it was turned off the night before.
|
|I'd like to know if it is being accesed, and if so what's being done.
|
|I am running windows xp.
|
|can anyone help.

Look at your event viewer; it is located under Administrative Tools.

--

-nos1eep