Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > window switch

window switch

Mikey

Is there a series of keystrokes that switches off the monitor or switches
quickly to another window in Windows XP?
When my boss is prowling round it always seems to take ages to click on a
different screen

John Rampling

Alt+Tab is what I used to use (in the olden days when I was an employee).

"Mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43e0c8f9$0$6971$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a series of keystrokes that switches off the monitor or switches
> quickly to another window in Windows XP?
> When my boss is prowling round it always seems to take ages to click on a
> different screen

yomiko@gmail.com

I'm not sure about turning off the monitor (unless it's a laptop in
which case there are keyboard short cuts to do that) but I know for a
fact that Alt+Tab works very effectively in switching between windows
on XP. Hold Alt and keep hitting Tab if the first window it goes to
isn't the one you were shooting for.

Eli Coten

> I'm not sure about turning off the monitor (unless it's a laptop in
> which case there are keyboard short cuts to do that) but I know for a
> fact that Alt+Tab works very effectively in switching between windows
> on XP. Hold Alt and keep hitting Tab if the first window it goes to
> isn't the one you were shooting for.

You can also use ALT + ESCAPE - in a similar way to ALT+TAB. ALT ESCAPE
is very useful when you can't use the taskbar becuase of some open
dialog that demands your attention.

Try both ALT+TAB and ALT+ESCAPE and you will see they are useful for
different situations.

Eli