Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > T/V Capture Card

T/V Capture Card

Tim Sutor

I have unsuccessfully installed a second-hand Flyvideo 3000 Stereo Capture
Card on my system (Win XP Pro.). When I attempt to use the card I get a
dialogue box saying "Can't get system". When checking the Device Manager for
the Multimedia Controller I see that it reports the card is not configured
correctly and advises that I reinstall the driver. When I attempt to do this
I get a series of dialogue boxes telling me that I am lacking various ks
files ( ksproxy.ax, k.sys, kstvtune.ax etc. and advising that I reinstall
these from the Win. XP SP 2 cd. I originally installed SP.2 directly from
the Microsoft Website and therefore have no cd.

Can anyone suggest anything else that I can try to get the capture card
working?

Jerry Noble

"Tim Sutor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43d711a8$0$18588$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have unsuccessfully installed a second-hand Flyvideo 3000 Stereo Capture
> Card on my system (Win XP Pro.). When I attempt to use the card I get a
> dialogue box saying "Can't get system". When checking the Device Manager

for
> the Multimedia Controller I see that it reports the card is not configured
> correctly and advises that I reinstall the driver. When I attempt to do

this
> I get a series of dialogue boxes telling me that I am lacking various ks
> files ( ksproxy.ax, k.sys, kstvtune.ax etc. and advising that I reinstall
> these from the Win. XP SP 2 cd. I originally installed SP.2 directly from
> the Microsoft Website and therefore have no cd.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything else that I can try to get the capture card
> working?

This is a link to Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for
IT Professionals and Developers
Brief Description
This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers
downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're
updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update

Down load this, Unpack it with winrar or what ever and burn it to a cd.