Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > EZ-Antivirus

EZ-Antivirus

John

When I use CA's EZ-Antivirus it seems to scan through everything but
it doesn't actually do anything other than that anymore. Once the scan
is complete the only option is to close, there is nothing that
quarantines or cleans etc.

I thought the license for this program was for 1 year before you had
to renew in order to keep using it? I still supposedly have a few
months left to go but it has already stopped working and is no longer
enabled, doesn't appear in my start up tray, and doesn't auto-update.

Anyone know what is up with it?

Cheers

John

Erick

That generally means it found nothing to worry about. It's likely an update
to the program simply moved the "Quarantine" and "Clean" buttons to a
different dialog based on if it finds anything.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
When I use CA's EZ-Antivirus it seems to scan through everything but
it doesn't actually do anything other than that anymore. Once the scan
is complete the only option is to close, there is nothing that
quarantines or cleans etc.

I thought the license for this program was for 1 year before you had
to renew in order to keep using it? I still supposedly have a few
months left to go but it has already stopped working and is no longer
enabled, doesn't appear in my start up tray, and doesn't auto-update.

Anyone know what is up with it?

Cheers

John

John

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:49:13 GMT, A strange species called "Erick"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>That generally means it found nothing to worry about. It's likely an update
>to the program simply moved the "Quarantine" and "Clean" buttons to a
>different dialog based on if it finds anything.

Even if it lists things it has found it is not showing any button
other than to close. And it keeps finding the same things each time I
scan which is why I believe it is not cleaning or quarantining them.
Previously I am sure there was a button I could press but there is
nothing now.

Also the program no longer starts in the system tray and doesn't
update automatically. I keep getting a message from Windows every 30
days or so to tell me its out of date. I then have to manually open
the program and update it myself.

John

Erick

Sounds like you got a trajon that disables anti-virus software.

If you have broadband, do the following:
1. Reboot, and before the Windows "splash screen" appears, start pressing
the F8 key.
2. At the boot menu, choose "Safe mode with networking"
3. Once Windows has loaded, open Internet Explorer and type the following
address:
housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/en/index.htm
4. Choose "Complete Scan"
5. When prompted, install the ActiveX control.
6. Choose which drives you want scanned and click Next.

Let it run. When it is done, and if you don't have a particularly nasty
pest, you should see a results list. Simply click Next again, and it will
delete what it found.

At this point, go ahead and try EZ-AntiVirus while in Safe Mode. Hopefully
it will work better now. You may still need to uninstall it and reinstall
it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>That generally means it found nothing to worry about. It's likely an update
>to the program simply moved the "Quarantine" and "Clean" buttons to a
>different dialog based on if it finds anything.

Even if it lists things it has found it is not showing any button
other than to close. And it keeps finding the same things each time I
scan which is why I believe it is not cleaning or quarantining them.
Previously I am sure there was a button I could press but there is
nothing now.

Also the program no longer starts in the system tray and doesn't
update automatically. I keep getting a message from Windows every 30
days or so to tell me its out of date. I then have to manually open
the program and update it myself.

John

John

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 03:12:49 GMT, A strange species called "Erick"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sounds like you got a trajon that disables anti-virus software.
>
>If you have broadband, do the following:
>1. Reboot, and before the Windows "splash screen" appears, start pressing
>the F8 key.
>2. At the boot menu, choose "Safe mode with networking"
>3. Once Windows has loaded, open Internet Explorer and type the following
>address:
>housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/en/index.htm
>4. Choose "Complete Scan"
>5. When prompted, install the ActiveX control.
>6. Choose which drives you want scanned and click Next.
>
>Let it run. When it is done, and if you don't have a particularly nasty
>pest, you should see a results list. Simply click Next again, and it will
>delete what it found.
>
>At this point, go ahead and try EZ-AntiVirus while in Safe Mode. Hopefully
>it will work better now. You may still need to uninstall it and reinstall
>it.

I have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and none of the keys work until I
get to the entering password part after the Windows splash. I can't do
any F8.

I will try going into msconfig and setting it to restart in safe mode
and doing it that way.

Thanks

John

Erick

You might want to get a standard PS2 keyboard, since msconfig forcing safe
mode doesn't always work too well.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...