Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > speaker help

speaker help

james

its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of
the tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the mains?

Chet

If your speakers are getting power from the CPU it is probably the 5 or 12
volt DC power put out by the system power supply and not the AC of the power
mains. I would need to know more about your setup to give a complete
answer.
news:dq5s3n$jvd$(E-Mail Removed)...

Chet wrote:
> If your speakers are getting power from the CPU it is probably the 5 or 12
> volt DC power put out by the system power supply and not the AC of the power
> mains. I would need to know more about your setup to give a complete
> answer.
> "james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dq5s3n$jvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of the
>>tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the mains?

whats happened is that i've had to replace my power supply which has now
only got one plug in it.(its a ATX switching power supply,450w with pfc
compliant).speakers used to go in back of old unit(speakers are sp70
multi media cheapos).first replacment I plugged both power and speakers
into the one socket on base unit and it killed it and dont want to risk
that again.

Robert Baer

james wrote:
> its a long story but instead of plugging my speakers into the back of
> the tower thing,can I put a 3 pin plug on them and plug them into the
> mains?

You can also stick your tongue into the mains.