Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Why is WinXP Home Upgrade still $99.99?

Why is WinXP Home Upgrade still $99.99?

JTJersey

With VISTA poised to come out later this year and the price of Windows XP
Home Edition (Full version) priced as low as $57.00 why on Earth is the
Upgrade version still a hundred bucks? And wasn't the activation program
supposed to help reduce the cost to the end consumer by saving MS money
with reduced piracy? I'm wanting to update the wife's Windows ME Gateway
PC with XP Home Edition (Upgrade) to avoid a reformat and subsequent loss
of her bought and paid for programs she's been using. I realize MS Office
Suite, etc is on the Restore CD, but the only way to install them is to
run the CD and put it back the way it was when she bought it. Kind of
defeats the purpose. Oh well, just wondering.

--
Registered Linux User #267152

Erick

Because Microsoft prices the stuff themselves. Every version of Windows has
fallen into the same pricing scheme, with only a small adjustment (upward).

newsan.2006.01.12.02.04.46.993189@anotherlinuxma chine.com...