Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > key logger

key logger

bob

how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your computer?

bob

What's Up!

bob wrote:
> how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
> computer?
> bob

Here is a free program to scan for it.
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-docto...OVMTC=standard

or http://tinyurl.com/9j6f2 if above is broken.

--
Carol
Contessa of Consternation

Autistic Spectrum Code v.1.0
AS? d- s--:+ a+ c+ p+ t-- f S+ p@- e+ h- r- n+(-) i+ P m-() M

http://www32.brinkster.com/ascdecode/decode.asp

"I have run rings around you logically". Monty Python

Email at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), removing the 'nospam' and replacing
with 'msn'.

General Specific

What's Up! wrote:
> bob wrote:
> > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
> > computer?
> > bob

> Here is a free program to scan for it.
> http://www.pctools.com/spyware-docto...OVMTC=standard
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/9j6f2 if above is broken.
>
> --
> Carol
> Contessa of Consternation
> Known to leave foes discombobulated

Twocows gives it 5 stars!! They never do that.

bob

"What's Up!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> bob wrote:
>> how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
>> computer?
>> bob

> Here is a free program to scan for it.
> http://www.pctools.com/spyware-docto...OVMTC=standard

actually i bought spyware doctor last month. use it periodically.

does it work at preventing keylogger from coming to the machine or also if
it was already there before i got spyware doctor?

bob

Plato

What's Up! wrote:

> > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
> > computer?

NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

bob

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:43c74285$0$11807$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's Up! wrote:
>>
>> > how can you tell if you have a "key logger" program hidden on your
>> > computer?

> NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

bob

Plato

bob wrote:

> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> news:43c74285$0$11807$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

> any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

will have to format, then reinstall

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

John

On 13 Jan 2006 21:24:02 -0600, A strange species called Plato <|@|.|>
wrote:

>bob wrote:
>>
>> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
>> news:43c74285$0$11807$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > NO way to tell if a professional keylogger has been installed.

>> any way to get rid of it, if it is installed? re-install windows?

>will have to format, then reinstall

I'm sure that some anti-virus software can detect key loggers even pro
ones? Perhaps I am wrong on that though?

John

Plato

John wrote:

> I'm sure that some anti-virus software can detect key loggers even pro
> ones? Perhaps I am wrong on that though?

A keylogger is not a virus. However, yes, many anti-virus programs also
detect "harmful" programs.

Ruby's Logger vs ActiveRecord: no more Logger data output Georges Ko Ruby 4 07-26-2006 01:38 PM
why do i need to use org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger to convert XSL-FO to PDF?? sachin XML 1 02-03-2006 09:58 PM
ruby's Logger conflict with Log4r's Logger cap Ruby 3 12-11-2005 03:44 PM
Key Logger? Joshuall Computer Support 4 08-14-2005 11:51 PM
Need GOOG but cheap key logger... Daniel Computer Support 1 03-06-2004 06:30 PM

Advertisments