Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > An Application has caused an Error

An Application has caused an Error

General Specific

Windows XP

One of our computers periodically displays a window which reads:

An Application Has Caused an Error

That's it, no codes or other indicators.

Is there a program that will show what program or process caused the
error?

Mark Mandell

"General Specific" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Windows XP
>
> One of our computers periodically displays a window which reads:
>
> An Application Has Caused an Error
>
> That's it, no codes or other indicators.
>

> Is there a program that will show what program or process caused the
> error?

If this is XP, go from Start to Run and in the box type in eventvwr, click
OK and then left click the application category. It should say error along
with some technotalk about what the problem is.