Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Residual Spyware Problem

Residual Spyware Problem

Frank B.

I recently removed SpyAxe spyware but had one leftover effect that I was
hoping someone could help me with. When a second window opens, through
right clicking or not, the window will not load. This is very frustrating
because of the number of sites that do not always open in a linear fashion.
Java related?

Erick

Get a copy of RegScrubXP and run it. Sounds liek a possible registry entry.

"Frank B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JJfwf.14458$%(E-Mail Removed)...
I recently removed SpyAxe spyware but had one leftover effect that I was
hoping someone could help me with. When a second window opens, through
right clicking or not, the window will not load. This is very frustrating
because of the number of sites that do not always open in a linear fashion.
Java related?

Frank B.

"Erick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lnjwf.4171$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Get a copy of RegScrubXP and run it. Sounds liek a possible registry
> entry.
>

> "Frank B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JJfwf.14458$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently removed SpyAxe spyware but had one leftover effect that I was
> hoping someone could help me with. When a second window opens, through
> right clicking or not, the window will not load. This is very
> frustrating
> because of the number of sites that do not always open in a linear
> fashion.
> Java related?
>

>I took your advise and cleaned up several hundred small errors but my
>problem persists. It may also be linked to the "Tribalfusion" problem
>that I posted about on the 4th.

Erick

We just had a particualr nasty SpyAxe infection today at work. What we did
to remove was the following:

Got the latest release of SmitRem and ran it (in Safe Mode of course). It
will turn the desktop background blue in some cases, but this is ok. It also
runs Disk Cleanup after running.

After SmitRem, we ran PestPatrol (seems to be the only one that gets the
traces).

Then we ran RegScrubXP to clean up the registry.

Here's links:
SmitRem 2.8: http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/
Scroll down a bit. Make sure you run the batch file indicated.

PestPatrol: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1187
Choose whichever mirror is closer to you.

news:%yXxf.2688$(E-Mail Removed)...