Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > so confuse, what should I buy

so confuse, what should I buy

Ninip

Hi everyone
I have WINXP--
Pentium4 530 (P) HT 3.0 GHz: 800 MHz Front side bus 512 MB (2 x 256) Hard
drive
a.. a.. 200 GB SATA
b.. 7200 rpm 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
a.. must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the
DL technology Video graphics Integrated with up to 64 MB allocated video
memory
b.. I also have a stand alone DVD Player/Recorder Liteon Model
#LVW-5115GHC
c.. I am wanting to copy my old VHS home movies to a DVD
d.. So I copy them in my VCR to my DVD recorder and that is fine.
e.. But how to I get them in my computer to edit?
f.. Then what program do I buy for editing etc. I want something that
is easy to use, but has some good features, example --color correction or
should I say brightening up because allot of them are dark because made from
an analog camcorder.
g.. I have been surfing the net but one site reccomends this one another
site recommends that one....
h.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
i.. Thanks in advance

Erick

You would need to hook up your VCR to a video capture device (external USB
or internal) then stream the video into the PC and record it using the
capture device's software. The resulting file will be huge, but you have a
plenty large enough hard drive. Once done, you can use the software to cut
the video into chapters, etc, and then format it for DVD recording complete
with menus and all.

"Ninip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Erik
But I have already recorded the disk from my stand alone DVD player/recorder
so now I have a DVD+RW disk with my old home movie on it. But I would like
to put it on my PC for editing etc.
Ideas?
Thanks

"Erick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:khawf.4817$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> You would need to hook up your VCR to a video capture device (external USB
> or internal) then stream the video into the PC and record it using the
> capture device's software. The resulting file will be huge, but you have a
> plenty large enough hard drive. Once done, you can use the software to cut
> the video into chapters, etc, and then format it for DVD recording
> complete
> with menus and all.
>

> "Ninip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
> I have WINXP--
> Pentium4 530 (P) HT 3.0 GHz: 800 MHz Front side bus 512 MB (2 x 256)
> Hard
> drive
> a.. a.. 200 GB SATA
> b.. 7200 rpm 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
> a.. must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the
> DL technology Video graphics Integrated with up to 64 MB allocated video
> memory
> b.. I also have a stand alone DVD Player/Recorder Liteon Model
> #LVW-5115GHC
> c.. I am wanting to copy my old VHS home movies to a DVD
> d.. So I copy them in my VCR to my DVD recorder and that is fine.
> e.. But how to I get them in my computer to edit?
> f.. Then what program do I buy for editing etc. I want something that
> is easy to use, but has some good features, example --color correction or
> should I say brightening up because allot of them are dark because made
> from
> an analog camcorder.
> g.. I have been surfing the net but one site reccomends this one
> another
> site recommends that one....
> h.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> i.. Thanks in advance

Boscoe Pertwee

"Ninip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
> I have WINXP--
> Pentium4 530 (P) HT 3.0 GHz: 800 MHz Front side bus 512 MB (2 x
> 256) Hard drive
> a.. a.. 200 GB SATA
> b.. 7200 rpm 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
> a.. must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage
> of the DL technology Video graphics Integrated with up to 64 MB
> allocated video memory
> b.. I also have a stand alone DVD Player/Recorder Liteon Model
> #LVW-5115GHC
> c.. I am wanting to copy my old VHS home movies to a DVD
> d.. So I copy them in my VCR to my DVD recorder and that is
> fine.
> e.. But how to I get them in my computer to edit?
> f.. Then what program do I buy for editing etc. I want something
> that is easy to use, but has some good features, example --color
> correction or should I say brightening up because allot of them are
> dark because made from an analog camcorder.
> g.. I have been surfing the net but one site reccomends this one
> another site recommends that one....
> h.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> i.. Thanks in advance

There are several devices that let you capture analogue video (and
sound) through a USB adaptor. The Belkin Hi-Speed DVD, VideOh! CD USB
Kit, come with video recording and editing software. Check out
online retailers.

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:58:59 GMT,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Ninip" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed the following:

|Thanks, Erik
|But I have already recorded the disk from my stand alone DVD player/recorder
|so now I have a DVD+RW disk with my old home movie on it. But I would like
|to put it on my PC for editing etc.
|Ideas?

Try Windows Movie Maker. Cumbersome but it works.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx
--

-nos1eep

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/