Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer won't take connection

Computer won't take connection

Uplink

I'm using Ubuntu 5.10 Linux (well, I'm posting with my winxp) and I
have the modem working, but when I connect to Telus and type in my
credidentials it will stay connected for about 5 minutes and say NO
CARRIER, (TELUS Advanced Communications) When I'm connected I go to
firefox or any web-enalbed app and it says theres no connection!

Is there a extra driver or files needed to make the computer take the
connection, or am I doing something wrong.

(I use Minicom to connect, but using "sudo pon internet" will make the
connection stay but still no internet.)