Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Question About Replaceing An Internal Drive

Question About Replaceing An Internal Drive

twfsa

I want replace a Internal drive, but not sure which drive to remove for
replacement.

There are 2 drives currently DVD-Rom and CD-RW I want to install a DVD
write Drive but not sure which drive to remove for install.

Or would I be better off to buy an external DVD write drive?

What do ya think?

Thanks
Tom

Erick

It all depends. I would work it out this way:

Are both the DVD-ROM and CD/RW drives about the same age? If yes, replace
the CD/RW.

Which drive is used the most? Replace the most-used drive.

And, are you planning on doing any disk-to-disk DVD copying? If yes, replace
the CD/RW.

Do you burn a lot of CDs, and will still be burning a lot of CDs? If yes to
either, replace the DVD-ROM.

If the CD/RW burns at a higher speed than the DVD Burner does for CDs, use
the CD/RW for making CDs only. Otherwise, replace the CD/RW.

Obviously, in most cases, the CD/RW gets replaced.

"twfsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
I want replace a Internal drive, but not sure which drive to remove for
replacement.

There are 2 drives currently DVD-Rom and CD-RW I want to install a DVD
write Drive but not sure which drive to remove for install.

Or would I be better off to buy an external DVD write drive?

What do ya think?

Thanks
Tom

Need help with c programming. replaceing get with scanf and array arguments nursallt C Programming 0 01-13-2010 07:24 PM
internal drive vs external drive Me/PDX Computer Support 11 01-22-2007 02:24 AM
internal to internal NAT? Mike Cisco 1 04-21-2004 12:15 PM
Need help with replaceing HTML code i table Søren Schimkat Javascript 1 10-19-2003 10:26 AM
Problems with string and lists (searching and replaceing) jblazi Python 18 09-25-2003 10:24 AM

Advertisments