Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > tape to DVD

tape to DVD

jes.sandiegoca

Converters from vcr to USB the best way to go?

cs

Chet

There are several on the market. I am using the Dazzle DVC90 (mfg by
Pinnacle Systems) and it works great. It comes with a startup version of
Pinnacle Studio video editing software which can be upgraded to the full
edition of Studio for a relatively few bucks.

See the Pinnacle info page at
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Creator+90.htm

Make sure you have lots of speed and HD. If your speed is too slow it will
drop frames and give a jerky picture. Video requires lots of disk (think in
multiples of 10 GB). Make sure your USB is 2.0 and not 1.1.
"jes.sandiegoca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Converters from vcr to USB the best way to go?
>

> cs

jes.sandiegoca

Read some not so good reviews bout it on Amazon's customer review section.
Think it's one of those cases where the people didn't have enough speed or
enough memory? Or maybe they just didn't have the patience for installation?
Do you think it needs more speed and memory than Sonic Digital Media Plus?

Thanks,
Chris

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> There are several on the market. I am using the Dazzle DVC90 (mfg by
> Pinnacle Systems) and it works great. It comes with a startup version of
> Pinnacle Studio video editing software which can be upgraded to the full
> edition of Studio for a relatively few bucks.
>
> See the Pinnacle info page at
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Creator+90.htm
>
> Make sure you have lots of speed and HD. If your speed is too slow it
> will drop frames and give a jerky picture. Video requires lots of disk
> (think in multiples of 10 GB). Make sure your USB is 2.0 and not 1.1.
> "jes.sandiegoca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Converters from vcr to USB the best way to go?
>>

>> cs

Chet

Can't compare because I haven't used any other. Installation of the Dazzle
driver and the Pinnacle software was only slightly more than trivial.

As far as software, if you don't want to make DVDs, you might consider
Windows Movie Maker which probably came with your OS. It can make video CD
but can't make DVD. It can acquire data from the Dazzle as well.

> Read some not so good reviews bout it on Amazon's customer review section.
> Think it's one of those cases where the people didn't have enough speed or
> enough memory? Or maybe they just didn't have the patience for
> installation? Do you think it needs more speed and memory than Sonic
> Digital Media Plus?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> "Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> There are several on the market. I am using the Dazzle DVC90 (mfg by
>> Pinnacle Systems) and it works great. It comes with a startup version of
>> Pinnacle Studio video editing software which can be upgraded to the full
>> edition of Studio for a relatively few bucks.
>>
>> See the Pinnacle info page at
>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Creator+90.htm
>>
>> Make sure you have lots of speed and HD. If your speed is too slow it
>> will drop frames and give a jerky picture. Video requires lots of disk
>> (think in multiples of 10 GB). Make sure your USB is 2.0 and not 1.1.
>> "jes.sandiegoca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Converters from vcr to USB the best way to go?
>>>

>>> cs

Brian

Check out the pinnacle website. They are the authority on video
editing/copying
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Home/