Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > MP3 player

MP3 player

cyberwraith

OK I bought my niece an MP3 player for Christmas. However when MP3 files are
transferred, copied, sent to the player which is shown as F drive the player
itself says they do not exist? However Windows says they do and even plays
them on a different computer to the one used to install. Can anyone offer
help?
Thanks

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:59:55 GMT,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "cyberwraith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following:

|OK I bought my niece an MP3 player for Christmas. However when MP3 files are
|transferred, copied, sent to the player which is shown as F drive the player
|itself says they do not exist? However Windows says they do and even plays
|them on a different computer to the one used to install. Can anyone offer
|help?
|Thanks

Use Media Player 10. Sync.
--

-nos1eep

Scaling up the heights of folly.
non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate

steve

I agree,use Windows Media Player 10 to rip to library and then sync to
removable disc on F drive.

"nos1eep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is further alleged that on or about Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:59:55 GMT,
> in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "cyberwraith"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following:
>
> |OK I bought my niece an MP3 player for Christmas. However when MP3 files
> are
> |transferred, copied, sent to the player which is shown as F drive the
> player
> |itself says they do not exist? However Windows says they do and even
> plays
> |them on a different computer to the one used to install. Can anyone offer
> |help?
> |Thanks
> |
> Use Media Player 10. Sync.
> --
>
> -nos1eep
>
> Scaling up the heights of folly.
> non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate

cyberwraith

Thanks for the help so far. I have just been trying to use media player but
it will only transfer about 4 or 5 songs out of 34. I have tried to format
the device via media player but the option is greyed out. The songs are all
in MP3 format and the lowest size in my folder on the HD. I hope someone can
help because I am getting nothing from the seller.

nos1eep

It is further alleged that on or about Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:58:45 GMT,
in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "cyberwraith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following:

|Thanks for the help so far. I have just been trying to use media player but
|it will only transfer about 4 or 5 songs out of 34. I have tried to format
|the device via media player but the option is greyed out. The songs are all
|in MP3 format and the lowest size in my folder on the HD. I hope someone can
|help because I am getting nothing from the seller.

You can work with the drive in Windows XP by going to Administrative
Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management.
My Mp3 player is formatted in FAT and I have reformatted it after
encountering some problems. Try reformatting and then syncing the
thing.
--

-nos1eep

Scaling up the heights of folly.
non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate

cyberwraith

OK folks, thanks for the help. Using media player 10 and syncing has done
the trick. Why can it not just be drag and drop like the USB pen's? Have a
great New Year gang.