Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DUal laYEr

DUal laYEr

Styrbjorn

Hi!

I have a dual-layer DVD burnier. Since I've had it for about a year, I
found out that I wanna get it to work properly. It's a SAMSUNG
burning-rom. I've tried to burn a dual layer onto DVD-R\RW, but it
refuses to make the layer double! Why can't I make this work?

Chet

Make sure that the blank disks you use support double layer.

"Styrbjorn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi!
>
> I have a dual-layer DVD burnier. Since I've had it for about a year, I
> found out that I wanna get it to work properly. It's a SAMSUNG
> burning-rom. I've tried to burn a dual layer onto DVD-R\RW, but it
> refuses to make the layer double! Why can't I make this work?

Erick Pratt

Correct. You need dual-layer DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW. It is usually indicated
with the words Dual-Layer or with a "DL".