Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Migrating with PCMover

Migrating with PCMover

pooua@aol.com

I just bought a new computer and I want to migrate my old system to my
new system with modifications. My old system has more partitions than
my new system, and they are lettered in a different order. For example,
I want to move my old F: partition to the new H: partition.

I bought PCMover to help me do the transfers. It found about 100k
registry settings it needs to change, and about 240 GB of data to move.
However, it insists on putting old partitions as much as possible on
the same drive letter of the new computer. I can't find a way to change
where it is putting most of the partitions (it only gives me an option
for those partitions that do not exist on the new machine). There is a
rule editor, but I haven't been able to make it prompt me for the new
locations.

What do I need to do to move my old partitions to the new locations
that I desire?

Migrating from Mozilla to Firefox Daniel Prince Firefox 1 12-11-2004 04:47 AM
migrating thunderbird to a new installation - how? sam Firefox 2 11-29-2004 01:33 AM
migrating passwords? Ken Wald Firefox 0 10-31-2004 03:53 AM
Help migrating to thunderbird from Mozilla eliot Firefox 2 08-27-2004 07:01 PM
Thunderbird file sharing & migrating/remoting data-mine@else-wh.ere Firefox 0 04-30-2004 03:50 AM

Advertisments