Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > PC Not Recognising newly added RAM

PC Not Recognising newly added RAM

dummy

Help

Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

dummy

"dummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:udkqf.92$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help
>
> Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
> change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

Fakename

Bad ram slot, or bad ram itself.

dummy wrote:
> Help
>
> Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
> change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

yootzee

how many ram sticks you have installed? you sure you have the correct type?
have you tried reseating the ram? is it installed the correct way (i
regularly see folks force sticks in the wrong way eventhough the slots are
keyed). reset the nvram either by jumper or pulling the battery, perhaps it
has some corruption.

"dummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:udkqf.92$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help
>
> Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
> change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

Mark Mandell

"dummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:udkqf.92$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help
>
> Bios not showing it either, even after flash. I tried to locate area to
> change a setting or two. I could not. Any thoughts?

If the RAM itself is fine and seated firmly in the slot then it would
possibly be a difference in the density of it and the existing RAM.