Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > nero and dvd

nero and dvd

Peter Ingelse

I have copied a folder with about 40 subfolders each containing 50 or more
pictures, in total approximaely 7 GB, all together to a DVD. Now the result
is a DVD that I can't read. What could be the reason?

I've put averything on one track. Should I use more tracks? How many MB's or
GB's can be put on one track?

Or might it be caused by the fact that I used multisession?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Ingelse

bmoag

A single sided DVD holds 4.7gbs of data.
A dual layer DVD is often corrupted and unreadable.
See if you can run your DVD recording program's scan disc to try to retrieve
any data.
Otherwise you are SOL.

Willah

Exactly right. I'm surprised it even allowed you to burn 7GB when it
tops out at 4.7GB on standard DVD. Now if you were burning onto DL
media then we have a different issue entirely...?

If you were burning onto DL media which would have enough capacity, try
burning your discs at 1x speed, or the slowest available. Also, use
some higher quality media if you're using the dollar store garbage
brands. Also, make sure you're burning it as a data disc.

Peter Ingelse

Willah and Bmoag,

Thank you very much. I am really not an expert, so I don't know what DL is.
Could you pleas explain? Is it always better to burn on slwest speed?

Thanks,

Peter

"Willah" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Exactly right. I'm surprised it even allowed you to burn 7GB when it
> tops out at 4.7GB on standard DVD. Now if you were burning onto DL
> media then we have a different issue entirely...?
>
> If you were burning onto DL media which would have enough capacity, try
> burning your discs at 1x speed, or the slowest available. Also, use
> some higher quality media if you're using the dollar store garbage
> brands. Also, make sure you're burning it as a data disc.

Peter Ingelse

Sorry, I'm stupid as well: I realise that DL = double layer!

"Peter Ingelse" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:439be3b8$0$23834$(E-Mail Removed)4a ll.nl...