Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > pc slightly better but still poorly

pc slightly better but still poorly

nuttytart in cyberspace

hi again,

a couple of weeks ago i reported a dead pc.

turns out it was the motherboard.

so we've put a new one in and it now starts.

it goes through the screen that recognises the drives and checks the memory.
when it gets to the countdown screen it just hangs at zero.

any ideas?

love & hugs,
angie xxx

Mark Mandell

"nuttytart in cyberspace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wwymf.3049$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi again,
>
> a couple of weeks ago i reported a dead pc.
>
> turns out it was the motherboard.
>
> so we've put a new one in and it now starts.
>
> it goes through the screen that recognises the drives and checks the
> memory.
> when it gets to the countdown screen it just hangs at zero.
>
> any ideas?
>
> love & hugs,
> angie xxx

With the new MOBO, did you make the necessary settings in the BIOS
setup?(i.e., optimized).

Plato

nuttytart in cyberspace wrote:

Repair Install

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Reggy

nuttytart in cyberspace wrote:
> hi again,
>
> a couple of weeks ago i reported a dead pc.
>
> turns out it was the motherboard.
>
> so we've put a new one in and it now starts.
>
> it goes through the screen that recognises the drives and checks the memory.
> when it gets to the countdown screen it just hangs at zero.
>
> any ideas?
>
> love & hugs,
> angie xxx

reset the bios to optimise , if still faulty check the memory one stick
at a time in another machine . ( and only one stick in the machine)