Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Is there a program like that...?

Is there a program like that...?

Travis

I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
still know it's possible to program something like that.

I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
mac.

Robert Baer

Travis wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
> numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
> that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
> still know it's possible to program something like that.
>
> I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
> mac.

There is a *formula* for that: X numbers + Y letters; simple. Look it
up in Chem rubber handbook for chemistry and physics.

nos1eep

On 9 Dec 2005 21:44:41 -0800, "Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the
following drivel:

<I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
<numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
<that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
<still know it's possible to program something like that.
<
<I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on
<mac.

http://www.antiserver.it/Password-Crackers/
__

-nos1eep

http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm

Dog

Try this link
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/ahd/crossword
"Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
> numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
> that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
> still know it's possible to program something like that.
>
> I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
> mac.

Matthew C Rice

you have to watch too, because if it is really a somewhat secure
password, it will not be a real world at all, it may be something like
JE%KSK123%

Travis

It's not that secure, it's a small school in a small town in Canada.
It's not that long of a password and it wound't be something hard and
complex. It is easy to remember becuase all the teachers know the
password and enter it immediatly.

I saw a teacher type it and the letters that are/could of been used
are:

qwertyasdfgzxcv

Uppercase or lowercase

Travis wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
> numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
> that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
> still know it's possible to program something like that.
>
> I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
> mac.

nos1eep

On 10 Dec 2005 15:00:32 -0800, "Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed
the following drivel:

<It's not that secure, it's a small school in a small town in Canada.
<It's not that long of a password and it wound't be something hard and
<complex. It is easy to remember becuase all the teachers know the
<password and enter it immediatly.
<
<I saw a teacher type it and the letters that are/could of been used
<are:
<
<qwertyasdfgzxcv
<
<Uppercase or lowercase
It may take a while to crack a password. The letter to the right
represents the number of characters in the password. The number on top
represents the number of characters in your alphabet. In your case
that would be 52 characters (upper and lower case). Throw in some
special characters and numbers and it can take forever, literally.
Count on the password to be at least 8 characters.

26 36 52
3 0.18 seconds 0.47 seconds 1.41 seconds
4 4.57 seconds 16.8 seconds 1.22 minutes
5 1.98 minutes 10.1 minutes 1.06 hours
6 51.5 minutes 6.05 hours 13.7 days
7 22.3 hours 9.07 days 3.91 months
8 24.2 days 10.7 months 17.0 years
9 1.72 years 32.2 years 8.82 centuries
10 44.8 years 1.16 millennia 45.8 millennia
11 11.6 centuries 41.7 millennia 2,384 millennia
12 30.3 millennia 1,503 millennia 123,946 millennia

68 94
3 3.14 seconds 8.3 seconds
4 3.56 minutes 13.0 minutes
5 4.04 hours 20.4 hours
6 2.26 months 2.63 months
7 2.13 years 20.6 years
8 1.45 centuries 1.93 millennia
9 9.86 millennia 182 millennia
10 670 millennia 17,079 millennia
11 45,582 millennia 1,605,461 millennia
12 3,099,562 millennia 150,913,342 millennia
__

-nos1eep

http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm

Travis

I don't really think I explained it clearly...

You know that movie "National Treasure" when he told him the keys that
were pressed and he put it in a computer to generate every possible
combination of password.

I know "National Treasure" is fiction but there could be a program like
that.