Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best browser

Best browser

dr.dodge

Which is the best please?

Chet

That's like asking about the "best" place to live or the "best" restaurant.
It depends on your preferences and what you do with the browser.
"dr.dodge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dn60q4$91h$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Which is the best please?

Sydney Snail

Firefox by my reckonning. At first I was a little scared of changing
browsers because IE is what I have known for years. With Firefox you can
actually make the browser look more or less the same as IE but the
difference of a spy-ware & virus free machine is worth the change. 3 months
now with Firefox and not one spyware or virus has entered my system. You can
get loads of extensions to the browser as well which improves your
browsing - things like download managers, adblocks, the ability to remove
specific pictures from websites and openning websites in tabs rather than
seperate windows. Better still most websites will appear exactly how they
appear in IE except Firefox will do a better job of blocking those horrible
activeX controls that just install themselves on your computer.

In short I would avoid Internet Explorer like an elephant-sized wasp and go
for Firefox.

Hope this Helps

Syd

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> That's like asking about the "best" place to live or the "best"

restaurant.
> It depends on your preferences and what you do with the browser.
> "dr.dodge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dn60q4$91h$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> > Which is the best please?

Secret Squiddle

> In short I would avoid Internet Explorer like an elephant-sized wasp and
> go
> for Firefox.
>
> Hope this Helps
>
> Syd

Yup - Firefox here too. Although there are a few (very few) sites that will
only work with IE.

**SS**

Pc Rat

dr.dodge wrote:
> Which is the best please?

firefox

www.mozilla.org
it cant accept spyware unlike Internet explorer.

Fakename

I find there's quite a few. It's too bad though, if developers would
just code for standards this problem wouldn't exist.

Secret Squiddle wrote:
>>In short I would avoid Internet Explorer like an elephant-sized wasp and
>>go
>>for Firefox.
>>
>>Hope this Helps
>>
>>Syd

> Yup - Firefox here too. Although there are a few (very few) sites that will
> only work with IE.
>
> **SS**

Fakename

Sure it can. I've had my firefox hijacked. It's just less likely.