Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 7.0 Opinions Please

PIX 7.0 Opinions Please

Doug Wilson

People who have been using PIX version 7.0(x) on your firewalls, are
you happy with it? We have a PIX 515 (not E) and I am looking at
installing the new version.

We are currently running version 6.0(1) and I don't have SmartNet on
our PIX right now. We just now received the budget funding to renew
SmartNet again, and I was wondering if the benefits of 7 are worth
moving up. I see I also need to buy more RAM for it.

Our network is relatively small and pretty simple. Don't tell any black
hats, but I don't yet have outbound filtering setup and want to do that
soon either way.

Thanks all,
Doug Wilson