Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Emulating Macintosh System 7.1...

Emulating Macintosh System 7.1...

Travis

I want to know if I can install Macintosh System 7.1 on VMWare
Workstation. The files are in format '.smi.bin'. I don't know If I can
open those with VMWare or have to get a special, OR, If you can't
emulate Macintosh System 7.1 on Windows.

I know I could just download it and try but there's 10 files and there
around 1.2MB.

I have 28.8K dial-up.

Fakename

Is your host operating system on a *386 cpu? If so, it won't work
because Vmware will emulate the host architecture and Mac 7.1 won't run
on a *386.

I don't even know if Vmware runs on anything but Windows and *nix.