Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Graphics cards

Graphics cards

SteveO

my machine has a Nvidia geforce 5200FX. I play some online games - at the
moment cod2- and get an fps of only about 28
I have just upgraded my motherboard to accept 8x AGP cards and wonder if
anyon can give me some advice on which card to buy next.
I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
performance
Thanks

The One

"SteveO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dmq4nr$e21$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> my machine has a Nvidia geforce 5200FX. I play some online games - at the
> moment cod2- and get an fps of only about 28
> I have just upgraded my motherboard to accept 8x AGP cards and wonder if
> anyon can give me some advice on which card to buy next.
> I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
> performance
> Thanks

I had an 5200 and upgraded to a 6600gt which greatly improved performance.
Maybe look at some online stores and see what meets your budget.

nos1eep

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:45:15 +0000 (UTC), "SteveO" <(E-Mail Removed)>
chewed somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

<my machine has a Nvidia geforce 5200FX. I play some online games - at
the
<moment cod2- and get an fps of only about 28
<I have just upgraded my motherboard to accept 8x AGP cards and wonder
if
<anyon can give me some advice on which card to buy next.
<I dont have an unlimited budget but want to see an improvement in
<performance
<Thanks
Your graphics performance is tied to your processing performance
(DirectX). If you have a low end cpu, you will always get low end
graphics, no matter what card you buy. The minimum for a processor for
todays games is around 3 ghz.
__

-nos1eep